10/6/17

Spooky Sign

Hi everyone, I'm getting ready for Fall and Halloween and all that it entails.   I've used Proxxon Tools to create a fun and Spooky sign you can add into your Halloween décor.



At the end of last season I found this funky blue sign and picked it up knowing I'd be able to create a fun project with it.  Every wood project needs to be sanded and the Delta Sander is perfect to sand down all imperfections, no matter the size of your project. 



The panel was blue so I painted on several layers of Plaid Folk Art Paint - Brushed Metal Silver to create a frosty background effect.



I used a Plaid Folk Art Stencil to add some faux dimension to the sign with Brushed Metal Copper




Then I added letter stickers down the center of the sign.  In place of the Os I used skulls which I painted with Brushed Metal Copper.  Once dry, I added some wiggly eyes.  To the sides of the sign I added flourishes that had been painted with Brushed Metal Bronze.


 
To finish I used the Bench Drill Press to drill holes so I could hang my sign.



The drill press is amazingly easy to use and drills perfectly round holes!
 

 
I added some funky threads to use as a hanger.  But I could also use the sign amongst the pumpkins on my front porch to welcome all the Trick or Treaters.

 

 
What do you think?
 
Thanks for stopping by.
 
Steph


No comments:

Post a Comment